Have you ever considered using CBD for dogs?
If so, you’re not alone. CBD oil for dogs is becoming a popular treatment for a variety of conditions, including anxiety, chronic pain, and seizures. But is it safe and effective? In this blog post, we will explore the pros and cons of using CBD oil for dogs. We’ll also discuss how to choose a quality product and dosage.
- What does CBD oil do for dogs?
- How to Choose CBD Oils for Dogs
- One of the Best CBD Oils for Dogs
- Questions to ask about CBD Oil for Dogs
- Can CBD be toxic to dogs?
- What type of CBD is best for dogs?
- Fun CBD Products and Oil for Dogs
- Our Choice of Human Grade, Full Spectrum CBD
- What does CBD oil do for dogs?
- CBD for Dogs: Conclusion
What does CBD oil do for dogs?
- Anxiety: CBD oil for dogs can be used to treat anxiety in dogs. separation, thunderstorms, car rides- any type of anxiety your dog may experience.
- Cancer: CBD oil for dogs has been known to slow the growth of cancer cells and tumors. It is a great natural way to help your furry friend feel better and fight cancer cells.
- Pain relief: CBD oil is a natural pain reliever. It can help with arthritis, hip dysplasia, and any other type of chronic pain your dog may be experiencing.
- Inflammation: CBD oil has anti-inflammatory properties that can help with allergies, hot spots, and any other type of inflammation.
- Seizures: CBD oil has been known to help dogs who suffer from seizures. It is a great alternative to traditional seizure medication with far fewer side effects.
- Appetite: CBD oil can help increase appetite in dogs who are struggling to eat due to illness or treatment such as chemotherapy.
- Keeping calm: CBD oil can help dogs who are overly excited or nervous. It is a great way to keep your dog calm in stressful situations.
Do Vets Recommend CBD Oil for Dogs?
Yes, many veterinarians recommend CBD oil for dogs.
CBD oil is a great way to help your dog feel better and manage pain without the use of traditional medication.
It is important to speak with your veterinarian before giving your dog CBD oil. They will be able to help you determine the right dosage for your dog’s individual needs.
Now that you know all about CBD oil for dogs, it’s time to find the right product for your pet.
How to Choose CBD Oils for Dogs
To find the best pet CBD oil, we compared CBD products and CBD oil brands and products on several different things:
- Hemp Source – We wanted a hemp-based company who uses natural-farming practices to make their CBD oils.
- Natural Ingredients – We know the best CBD oil will come from a hemp plant and be natural and organic.
- Full spectrum CBD– It is of utmost important that CBD oil for dogs is Full spectrum CBD oil, not broad spectrum CBD oil.
- Lab Tested: High quality CBD products go through tests with independent third-parties. Additionally, great dog CBD oil brands will provide those lab results for pet owners.
- FDA Manufacturing Facility: Dog CBD oil products comply with the FDA.
One of the Best CBD Oils for Dogs
After reading the list above and doing our research, we determined that one of the best CBD oils for dogs is Colorado Sun.
We will discuss more about their CBD Oil for dogs. Continue reading to get common questions answered and to see why we believe Colorado Sun ranks as one of the best CBD dog companies out there.
What is CBD?
CBD oil is gaining popularity among human and dog owners alike. First, what exactly is CBD oil? CBD, or cannabidiol, are found in cannabis plants. Unlike its more famous counterpart, THC, CBD does not produce a psychoactive effect.
Can CBD Oil for Dogs also be Human Grade?
The benefits of CBD are well known to those who have had relief from pain, anxiety or depression. What many don’t realize is that it can be extracted in an industrial hemp manner which delivers human-grade quality with no psychoactivity – meaning you feel great without any high! Human-grade CBD oil is extracted from industrial hemp. It has less than 0.3% THC.
This means that CBD is safe for human consumption and is able to treat a variety of conditions.
Why Do Pet Parents Use Dog CBD?
Dog owners are especially interested in CBD oil because it is an effective treatment for anxiety, pain, and seizures with few side effects. Not all CBD products are equal. Make sure to do your research before giving your pet any CBD products. Dog CBD, CBD pet treats, and full spectrum hemp oil provide many health benefits to your dog. However, pet owners must investigate the CBD brand before giving any form of dog CBD.
Is CBD Oil Safe?
CBD oil for dogs is a popular natural remedy for a variety of diseases and conditions. The product called CBD is a compound found in the hemp plant.
While CBD oil is generally considered safe for humans, it is important to exercise caution when giving it to your dog, and especially puppies. This is because the CBD for dogs industry is still relatively new, and high-quality products can be difficult to find. Therefore, finding the correct CBD oil product and pet wellness company is crucial for ensuring quality CBD oil.
Look for Full Spectrum CBD Oils
Look for products that are organic and third-party tested to ensure potency and purity. Additionally, pet CBD oil should be full-spectrum CBD. Full spectrum hemp extract means that the CBD oil is an, “extract only derived from hemp. Hemp is the term for a cannabis plant with 0.3% tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) or less—not enough for mind-altering effects. In contrast, a CBD oil for dogs can be extracted from either hemp or marijuana. Marijuana is the term for cannabis plants with higher levels of THC. This is different from a CBD isolate product that will only contain a single cannabinoid: CBD”, Mind Body Green.
Some CBD Oils are Dangerous Depending on Where the CBD Oil is Grown
Even though CBD oil has many benefits for humans and dogs, there are dangers to ingesting cbd. When used safely and grown locally, CBD oil for dogs is used to help with anxiety, pain, inflammation, and even cancer.
Locally and Organically Grown CBD Oils and CBD Dog Treats
CBD Oils for dogs CAN be VERY beneficial. However, give your dog CBD oil that is locally and organically grown.
This is because CBD oil for dogs (hemp seed oil) that is not locally and organically grown may contain pesticides, herbicides, and other chemicals that can be harmful to your health.
CBD oil for dogs that is not locally and organically grown may also increase the risk of your dog ingesting something that is poisonous. If you plan to utilize CBD oil for dogs, it should be locally and organically grown.
The best CBD oils for dogs will be from a CBD brand that offers a high-quality CBD oil which is locally and organically grown.
Questions to ask about CBD Oil for Dogs
If you have an anxious pet, or are concerned about your dog’s health, you are going to see an abundance of brands of CBD oil for dogs.
The market does not lack in CBD pet products. Therefore, before you buy and offer dog CBD oil to your pet, ask yourself these important questions regarding CBD oil products:
Is the CBD Oil for Dogs Organic?
Choosing a dog CBD oil without additives is a smart decision because it ensures both your safety and the environment. The natural product from organic CBD oils for dogs are grown with sustainable practices. Therefore, you won’t worry about any additional chemicals or toxins being added in! Additionally, these types of farming help preserve land resources like water sources which are important for all living things on Earth to survive.
Can CBD be toxic to dogs?
Note: Beware of using human CBD products for your dog. Some human CBD products (even CBD hemp oil) contain ingredients such as grapes, raisins or chocolate for flavoring. If your dog has any allergies, be sure to read the CBD product carefully. Some companies, like Colorado Sun, offer a specific CBD pet tincture with a gluten-free option, or other allergy friendly choices.
What is Broad Spectrum CBD Oil?
Broad spectrum CBD oil for dogs is made with pure hemp oil and you can trust that the tincture contains JUST CBD, not other unnecessary ingredients.
What type of CBD is best for dogs?
Broad spectrum CBD oil is a type of CBD oil for dogs that includes all of the plant’s beneficial compounds, including other cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids. This makes the cbd oil benefits more extreme than other CBD oil products (isolate), which only contains CBD. As a result, organic broad spectrum CBD oil is the best CBD oil for dogs. It’s safe, effective, and provides the most benefits.
Coconut Derived MCT Oil
Every CBD oil comes with a carrier oil. CBD products range from broad spectrum CBD to full spectrum CBD. The carrier oil in which your CBD product is in matters. Discuss with your CBD company if the CBD extract is in a coconut derived mct oil. We do not recommend using coconut as a carrier oil. This will cause diarrhea and stomach issues, as well as is not as affective of a product as a CBD derived from hemp. To reiterate, the best CBD oil is one that is full spectrum CBD oil with a hemp plant carrier oil.
Is the CBD Company Reliable and is the CBD Oil Effective?
There are a lot of CBD companies out there, and it can be hard to know which one to trust. When looking for a reliable CBD company, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, look for a company that uses high-quality CBD oil tincture or broad spectrum hemp oil. These products are more likely to be effective, as they contain a wider range of cannabinoids and other beneficial compounds. Second, make sure the company you choose has a good understanding of the endocannabinoid system. This system is responsible for regulating many important functions in the body. The CBD oils you give your dog work in correspondence with this system.
Does the CBD Brand Have Quality Customer Service?
It could be important to you to receive free shipping or perks like a 1-3 day money back guarantee. If so, be sure to ask what the company’s policy is regarding this in correlation to their CBD oil for dogs. If the CBD oil does not work for your dog, you want to make sure they offer a certain day money back guarantee, so that you can ensure your money is safe when purchasing the CBD oil product.
Fun CBD Products and Oil for Dogs
Did you know that CBD oil is not the only way that a CBD brand can offer CBD oil for dogs? There are many ways for pets to ingest hemp oil. Here are some fun forms in which CBD dog products are made.
CBD Dog Treat
Some CBD brands will make CBD dog treats full of organic CBD oil. If your pet struggles to use liquid CBD oil for dogs, you will love using CBD treats. CBD treats are different from regular dog treats, because CBD treats contain CBD product. Look for a treat that contains the same ingredients as the CBD oil tincture.
What is the difference between a CBD Pet Tincture and CBD Treats?
The difference between a CBD Pet Tincture and CBD Treats is that the tincture will be in liquid form while the treats will be in the form of a biscuit, gummy or cookie. Give the tincture drops orally, and the treats as a snack. Look for a treat made with CBD for dogs. Likewise, make sure the treats contain full spectrum CBD oil.
Note: Beware of CBD oil products that contain essential oils. Some essential oils are harmful and can pose toxins to your pet, according to the American Veterinary Medical Association.
CBD Dosage for of CBD Oil for Dogs
When it comes to CBD oil for dogs, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. The dosage of CBD oil will vary depending on the size and weight of your dog. You may need to start with a small dose and increase gradually as needed. Starting with a low dose of full spectrum CBD is the best choice with regards to CBD dosage. Speak with your veterinarian. Also, bring the CBD tincture with you to your dog’s next vet appointment. Your veterinarian may be able to speak with you about CBD oil for dogs and discuss the right CBD dosage for your unique pet.
Our Choice of Human Grade, Full Spectrum CBD
After concluding our research on which makes the best CBD oil, we have decided that one of our favorite Full Spectrum CBD oil companies is Colorado Sun.
Here are the top reasons we support Colorado Sun as a company with some of the best CBD oil:
- Full spectrum CBD- unlike many broad spectrum CBD companies, Colorado Sun provides a high-quality full spectrum CBD hemp oil that provides dogs with results.
- Safe and organic CBD oil for dogs- the full spectrum hemp extract is completely organic and safe for the central nervous system.
- FDA Compliant- the manufacturing facility is FDA compliant. Pet parents do not need to worry about unsanitary conditions or sneaky ingredients in the hemp seed oil.
- Hemp carrier oil in their CBD tincture– they do NOT use any mct coconut oil, eliminating any risk of stomach issues and irritation. Their products are gluten free and their CBD oil helps hundreds of dogs daily. No mct oil is present!
- CBD products are locally grown and sustainable- No more risks of pesticides hiding in your CBD pet tinctures. The organic and domestic hemp is locally sourced.
- Customer service- The company provides a 0 day money back guarantee. They completely stand by their CBD dog products and refund you instantly if pet owners are not satisfied.
What does CBD oil do for dogs?
CBD for Dogs: Conclusion
We hope this article has helped you learn about CBD oil for dogs and the many benefits it can provide. CBD oil is a safe, effective, and natural way to help your pet live a healthier life. Be sure to talk to your veterinarian before starting your dog on any type of CBD regimen in order to better understand CBD products and which is the best CBD oil for you and your pet.